So here's my End-O-Year Blog Roundup. Follow links to some of my posts from 2006. Then, if you're a blogger, fill this out yourself.
- Was 2006 a good year for you?
It was a hectic year.
- What was your favorite moment of the year?
Seeing my daughter get to feed and pet a beluga whale - her favorite mammal from the time she was 3 and first saw the white whale.
- What was your least favorite moment of the year?
Realizing that long distance relationships don't fit into my life.
- Where were you when 2006 began?
Rocking out to Watershed at Oldfield's on High in Columbus.
- Who were you with?
Kara and a few dozen others.
- Where were you when 2006 ended?
In New Castle, Pennsylvania.
- Who were you with when 2006 ended?
Cammi, Gage, Jess, Adam, Alex, Mandy, Stef and a barking dog.
- Did you keep your new years resolution of 2006?
To take over the world? Sadly, no.
- Do you have a new years resolution for 2007?
Nope. Decided since I failed miserably at taking over the world last year I would not make a resolution this year.
- Did you breakup with anyone in 2006?
Kara. Twice. (August, December)
- Did you make any new friends in 2006?
A whole shitload.
- Who are your favorite new friends?
Favorite friends? What are we, in high school?
- What was your favorite month of 2006?
July. Travel. Travel. Travel.
- Did you travel outside of the USA in 2006?
Does Cananada count? Yes? Then Yes, Cananada.
- How many different states did you travel to in 2006?
- Did you lose anybody close to you in 2006?
My Grandpa - my last surviving grandparent. He was 90.
- Did you miss anybody in the past year?
No. I'm a heartless bastard. (Yes, of course, everyone misses someone)
- What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2006?
Little Miss Sunshine
- What was your favorite song from 2006?
"Cutlass Cruiser" - Aaron Tashjian.
- What was your favorite new album from 2006?
David Ford, "I Sincerely Apologize For All Of The Trouble That I Caused."
- How many concerts did you see in 2006?
Hahahahaha. No idea. Lots. Lots. Lots.
- Did you have a favorite concert in 2006?
Being two feet away from Nels Cline seeing Wilco for the first time in Sayreville, NJ, in April was pretty cool, since I wasn't a Wilco fan before getting to be in the front row. Seeing Kara two feet away from Jeff Tweedy was pretty cool then, too (and still is now).
- Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2006?
More than in 2007.
- Did you do a lot of drugs in 2006?
Had some good times washing down Vicodin with Budweiser watching the X-Rated Cowboys hours after getting a vasectomy. That's about all the drugs I did. Drugs are bad, m'kay?
- How many people did you kiss in 2006?
I don't kiss and tell (hello Miss Soft Lips)
- Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
Nope. If I'm gonna do - or say - something, I'm not going to second guess, regret, wallow or feel shamed after.
- What was the worst lie someone told you in 2006?
I don't really know.
- Did you treat somebody badly in 2006?
- Did somebody treat you badly in 2006?
Again, depends on your point of view.
- How much money did you spend in 2006?
(Checks W2 to see how much money he made in 2006. Checks savings account. Yep, about that much).
- What was your proudest moment of 2006?
Realizing I'm a damn good photographer.
- What was your most embarrassing moment of 2006?
Gimme a P (P) ... Gimme a J (J) ... Gimme a second chance?
- If you could go back in time to any moment of 2006 and change it what would it be?
- Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
- Compared to this time last year, are you thinner or fatter?
- Compared to this time last year, are you richer or poorer?
About the same.
- What do you wish you'd done more of?
Wow, I did so much more in 2006 than I've ever done I really can't answer this.
- What do you wish you'd done less of?
Been an ass.
- What was your favorite TV program?
Battlestar Galactica (the new series.
Got into it when I was not working). The 4400 (ibid).
- What was the best book you read?
"Everything I'm Cracked Up To Be" by Jen Trynin
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
David Ford, "I Sincerely Apologize For All The Trouble I've Caused."
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Same as the past 16 years - Julia Fordham.
- What political issue stirred you the most?
How shitty the media is.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
Paraphrasing the genius that is Drew Hastings: Some people think having a girlfriend younger than you is cool. No it's not. It's revisiting the same shit you dealt with when you were that age.
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I"m just adding up the corners of the walls inside my heart."