2007-01-10

End-O-Year Blog Link Wrap


So here's my End-O-Year Blog Roundup. Follow links to some of my posts from 2006. Then, if you're a blogger, fill this out yourself.


  1. Was 2006 a good year for you?

    It was a hectic year.


  2. What was your favorite moment of the year?

    Seeing my daughter get to feed and pet a beluga whale - her favorite mammal from the time she was 3 and first saw the white whale.


  3. What was your least favorite moment of the year?

    Realizing that long distance relationships don't fit into my life.


  4. Where were you when 2006 began?

    Rocking out to Watershed at Oldfield's on High in Columbus.


  5. Who were you with?

    Kara and a few dozen others.


  6. Where were you when 2006 ended?

    In New Castle, Pennsylvania.


  7. Who were you with when 2006 ended?

    Cammi, Gage, Jess, Adam, Alex, Mandy, Stef and a barking dog.


  8. Did you keep your new years resolution of 2006?

    To take over the world? Sadly, no.


  9. Do you have a new years resolution for 2007?

    Nope. Decided since I failed miserably at taking over the world last year I would not make a resolution this year.


  10. Did you breakup with anyone in 2006?

    Kara. Twice. (August, December)


  11. Did you make any new friends in 2006?

    A whole shitload.


  12. Who are your favorite new friends?

    Favorite friends? What are we, in high school?


  13. What was your favorite month of 2006?

    July. Travel. Travel. Travel.


  14. Did you travel outside of the USA in 2006?

    Does Cananada count? Yes? Then Yes, Cananada.


  15. How many different states did you travel to in 2006?

    Seventeen. Yep.


  16. Did you lose anybody close to you in 2006?

    My Grandpa - my last surviving grandparent. He was 90.


  17. Did you miss anybody in the past year?

    No. I'm a heartless bastard. (Yes, of course, everyone misses someone)


  18. What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2006?

    Little Miss Sunshine


  19. What was your favorite song from 2006?

    "Cutlass Cruiser" - Aaron Tashjian.


  20. What was your favorite new album from 2006?

    David Ford, "I Sincerely Apologize For All Of The Trouble That I Caused."


  21. How many concerts did you see in 2006?

    Hahahahaha. No idea. Lots. Lots. Lots.


  22. Did you have a favorite concert in 2006?

    Being two feet away from Nels Cline seeing Wilco for the first time in Sayreville, NJ, in April was pretty cool, since I wasn't a Wilco fan before getting to be in the front row. Seeing Kara two feet away from Jeff Tweedy was pretty cool then, too (and still is now).


  23. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2006?

    More than in 2007.


  24. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2006?

    Had some good times washing down Vicodin with Budweiser watching the X-Rated Cowboys hours after getting a vasectomy. That's about all the drugs I did. Drugs are bad, m'kay?


  25. How many people did you kiss in 2006?

    I don't kiss and tell (hello Miss Soft Lips)


  26. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?

    Nope. If I'm gonna do - or say - something, I'm not going to second guess, regret, wallow or feel shamed after.


  27. What was the worst lie someone told you in 2006?

    I don't really know.


  28. Did you treat somebody badly in 2006?


    Depends
    on
    your
    point of
    view.


  29. Did somebody treat you badly in 2006?

    Again, depends on your point of view.


  30. How much money did you spend in 2006?

    (Checks W2 to see how much money he made in 2006. Checks savings account. Yep, about that much).


  31. What was your proudest moment of 2006?

    Realizing I'm a damn good photographer.


  32. What was your most embarrassing moment of 2006?

    Gimme a P (P) ... Gimme a J (J) ... Gimme a second chance?


  33. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2006 and change it what would it be?

    See #38


  34. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?

    Happier.


  35. Compared to this time last year, are you thinner or fatter?

    Thinner.


  36. Compared to this time last year, are you richer or poorer?

    About the same.


  37. What do you wish you'd done more of?

    Wow, I did so much more in 2006 than I've ever done I really can't answer this.


  38. What do you wish you'd done less of?

    Been an ass.


  39. What was your favorite TV program?

    Battlestar Galactica (the new series.
    Got into it when I was not working). The 4400 (ibid).


  40. What was the best book you read?

    "Everything I'm Cracked Up To Be" by Jen Trynin


  41. What was your greatest musical discovery?

    David Ford, "I Sincerely Apologize For All The Trouble I've Caused."


  42. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?

    Casual


  43. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

    Same as the past 16 years - Julia Fordham.


  44. What political issue stirred you the most?

    How shitty the media is.


  45. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:

    Paraphrasing the genius that is Drew Hastings: Some people think having a girlfriend younger than you is cool. No it's not. It's revisiting the same shit you dealt with when you were that age.


  46. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

    "I"m just adding up the corners of the walls inside my heart."

No comments: