2007-02-15

Not part of the Redneck Agenda

Apparently, like Billie Joe, I'm not an American Idiot.

Cause I'm not part of the redneck agenda:
  • I don't find NASCAR the least bit interesting. Monkeys can drive cars in circles for 500 miles. Left turn, left turn, accelerate, brake. Apply. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
  • Larry The Cable Guy isn't funny to me. I respect the man for making his fortune. I don't care who you are, I just don't find him, or his jokes, at all entertaining.
  • T-Bone and the Naked Trucker ... more to come on this piece of crap.
  • I've never seen an episode of "My Name Is Earl." The whole concept and the over-the-top white trash acceptance level? Meh.
  • And I don't care that the Dixie Chicks aren't ready to make nice. (although I applaud the Dixie Chicks for not falling all over themselves apologizing for what Natalie Maines said, and for standing by what they said, and putting out a new album and movie of what they believe in. I may not agree with what they say, but I do agree they have the right to say it.)
To me, they're all part of the dumbing down of America. And honestly, can we bear to get any dumber as a nation?

I think not.

So what brought this on? Last night I'm flipping channels because between a slight headcold and new allergy medicine, my sleep cycles are again all weirded out. I was asleep, I think, about 8, and up at 2 a.m. I saw the latest promo for the T-Bone and Naked Trucker show on Comedy Central.

Can I get a name? Someone to send my hate mail to?

Who in their right mind though this was a good idea for a television show?

And who is watching it?

Can I get their names? And enough ammunition to help thin out the shallow end of the gene pool?

No comments: