2007-02-08

Damn, I love this movie.

Clementine: I wish you had stayed.

Joel: I wish I had stayed to. NOW I wish I had stayed. I wish I had done a lot of things. I wish I had... I wish I had stayed. I do.

Clementine: Well I came back downstairs and you were gone!

Joel: I walked out, I walked out the door!

Clementine: Why?

Joel: I don't know. I felt like I was a scared little kid, I was like... it was above my head, I don't know.

Clementine: You were scared?

Joel: Yeah. I thought you knew that about me. I ran back to the bonfire, trying to outrun my humiliation.

Clementine: Was it something I said?

Joel: Yeah, you said "so go." With such disdain, you know?

Clementine: Oh, I'm sorry.

Joel: It's okay.

[Walking Out]

Clementine: Joely? What if you stayed this time?

Joel: I walked out the door. There's no memory left.

Clementine: Come back and make up a good-bye at least. Let's pretend we had one.

[Joel comes back]

Clementine: Bye Joel.

Joel: I love you...

Clementine: Meet me... in Montauk...

No comments: