2006-12-22

Well, * that * ended badly

So I finally finished watching the first season of 24 on DVD.

Meh.

I was excited when I started watching this, but it took me two months - seriously - from the first episode to the last episode.

At the end ... trying to watch the last four hours ... especially the final two ... in the words of Tom Griswold, "Man I don't care."

But I had to see it through.

So tonight I figured I'd watch the final two 'hours' ... and then was shocked when 22 minutes into the final hour, it was all wrapped up, nice, neat and tidy.

I so hate the quick wrap up.

(And yeah, had they ended it early and spent the last hour on recap / fallout / character recovery, I'd be bitching about that, too. I know. You don't have to point that out to me. I'm well aware I'm a hard-ass critic and difficult to please. That's because I'm not sheeple.)

Looking back, I don't see what all the hype was about (then again, I rarely see, and even more rarely, believe, hype of any type). Honestly ... the only character that surprised me, every plot twist, was David Palmer.

Too bad he's fictional.

I'd vote for him for President in a heartbeat.

So before I tackle the next set of DVD's... can anyone tell me ... Is Season 2 any better?

No comments: