2006-05-19

Things you missed

What you missed at Oldfield's on High, Thursday, May 18th

(after the sound guy decided to show up for work and the music started)

I didn't miss it.

Kara didn't miss it.

And lucky for you, my camera didn't miss.

Much. (More on that at the end).

Here is Craig Lyons opening the show.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
(He's in color in real life)

Here is my favorite ever picture I've taken of Aaron from Swig Tooth. Yes, he rocks that hard. And that intense.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Here's Chris from Swig Tooth Yes. He rocks that cool.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

And finally, from Swig Tooth, we have Dan, who is both intense, and cool, because like me, loves him some female Canadian singer-songwriters.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

And for the record, I'd have a picture of Mark Nye, the coolest bassist this side of Aimee Mann (but not as cute), to add to this blog, but my camera refused to take a picture of him because he drinks $1.50 Yuengling -- on draft, no less -- in a bar around the corner from his new residence in NYC, whereas I have to violate intrerstate commerce laws like Jerry Reed in Smokey & The Bandit and smuggle it by the case from Pennsylvania when I want to enjoy the product of America's oldest brewery.

Or because the batteries in my camera died. I'm not sure.

Logically, I believe it's the latter.

In my heart, however, being a photographer, and being in touch with my equipment (which is different than touching my equipment, which I do often, but that's my business) ... anyway ... being a photographer, and being in touch with my camera, my camera knows how I feel about the beer issue, and therefore did the former and refused to record a digital image of Mark Nye and his $1.50 Yuengling draft on demand swilling, bass-pounding, face-rocking self.

Yeah.

But according to the battery charger, they were depleted.

Like uranium.

So they're charging for tomorrow's show in Youngstown, where faces will be rocked in the two-time muder capital of the country.

And if you're there ... I'll buy you a beer.

But not a Yuengling.

Because it's still Ohio.

But Wednesday, the 24th, at the Brillo Box, in Pittsburgh, when Swig Tooth rocks the three rivers, I'll buy you a Yuengling.

And I'll have me a few too.

Boo-yeah.

Or, as they say in Pittsburgh, boo-yinz.

No comments: