2006-05-29

Song of the Day

Hello.

Heading out to a Memorial Day Cookout with Cammi, and the lovely and talented Kara and her wonderful family.

Got around to updating my calendar. Man, I'm a busy guy.

Wanna hang out? Click on my profile (don't have to be a myspace member to view the profile, so click here) and check out the goings on.

Good thing I have a superduper fun girlfriend who loves adventures, eh?

And while you're at it ... check out Patty Lynn ... she's from Columbus ... and a singer/songwriter ... and twangy ... and talented ... and worth a listen ... and she's at the Columbus Arts Fest on Saturday, July 3rd at 5:15 p.m. ... I'll be there. You should be, too. She's good.



And ... in honor of Memorial Day and those who gave their lives for the freedoms many of us often take for granted ... here's the Song of the Day:

Some Gave All

I knew a man called him Sandy Kane
Few folks even knew his name
But a hero was he
Left a boy, came back a man
Still many just don't understand
About the reasons we are free

I can't forget the look in his eyes
Or the tears he cries
As he said these words to me

All gave some
And some gave all
And some stood through
For the red, white and blue
And some had to fall
And if you ever think of me
Think of all your liberties and recall
Some gave all

Now Sandy Kane is no longer here
But his words are oh so clear
As they echo throughout our land
For all his friends who gave us all
Who stood the ground and took the fall
To help their fellow man

Love your country
And live with pride
And don't forget
Those who died
America can't you see

All gave some
And some gave all
And some stood through
For the red, white and blue
And some had to fall
And if you ever think of me
Think of all your liberties and recall
Some gave all



(Yeah, that's Billy Ray Cyrus. Shut it. You know all the words to Achy Breaky Heart ... but you should know this song. The guy got it right.)


No comments: