2006-06-26

Comfest kicks ass.

Well, Sunday had a brief change of plans, and it was all good.

Got a call from Chris Skrobot, my motherfucking hero, telling me that the X-Rated Cowboys were playing Comfest Sunday afternoon at 5 p.m.in place of someone who was broke her leg and wasn't able to play.

So I called up Mark Nye and asked if there was an opener for Semi Precious Weapons in Cincinnati ... if we left Comfest at 6 we'd get to Cinci about 8 ... SPW show was supposed to start at 8 ... with opener we'd have time.

Mark told me he'd check.

He calls back and says that there's big problems at the venue in Cincinnati and it doesn't look like the show will be happening.

So we hit Comfest. Again.

And the Cowboys, with Tom Boyer filling in on accordian and Ben Lee on bass rocked the Gazebo stage after the Katie Reider Band was finished. And I loves me some Katie, too.

During the show I got a message from Mark saying that the SPW show was indeed cancelled. So we enjoyed the Cowboys: We being me, Kara, Summer & her hubby Bill. When it was over, since we had time to kill, we decide to check the show schedule and see who else is playing.

And we saw this:

8:00 - Off Ramp Stage - TWO COW GARAGE.

Um, to quote me, from my previous blog, FUCK YEAH.

So we get some beer, parade through some smelly hippies, talk to Shaun and grab a prime-soon-to-be-front-row-spot and wait for 8:00 for Two Cow Garage.

And it was even better than Saturday's show at the Treehouse.

Again, I say, FUCK YEAH.

But seriously ... I'm a good photographer. It's damn near impossible to photograph these guys. They rock hard.

Check these pics and see for yourself. Up first is bassist Shane Sweeney. His face is the only thing in focus because he rocks the rest of the world. Then Shane and Dustin Harigle (a.k.a. Jesus on the Drums) rock the world. The Micah Schnabel takes his turn. And finally, this is how the show looks ... non-stop motion. And if you're thinking I've got a shaky camera hand, check out the amp between the two of them. That shit's in prime focus showing you it wasn't camera movement. They rock this hard:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

After that ... we went over to the merchandise stand and each of us bought their CD and rocked it on the way home.

Now it's bedtime. I'm officially rocked out.

No comments: