2006-09-06

Song of the Day

Somewhere Along The Way
Bob Mould

Scratching at the surface, keep the conversation light
Lest I seem offensive, wouldn't want to be ostracized
I don't want approval for what I say
Only an honest reaction
All I get are looks of confusion
I guess I lost you somewhere along the way

I found out some time ago that people can live with their lies
Finding ways to bury bones in graves full of alibis
I don't give a damn what anyone thinks
Every time I try to reveal the truth
All I get are blank expressions
I guess I lost you somewhere along the way

Bullshitting me, bullshitting you
To the point where no one cares
With everything so far away from where it ought to be
I guess it's safer there
Who knows the difference any more
Is this how life is going to be from now on
I could never dance, so I guess I'll take my chances
I've got nothing to hide

Good things come to those who want it, but no one likes what remains
Like the drudge that washed up from the ocean and spoiled your finest day
There, beneath the moon, you can only see the shadow
Of the sun from the other side
It seems the stars have blurred your vision
I guess I lost you somewhere along the way

No comments: