2006-09-15

Interview today went well.

Well, the interview today went well ... the two guys who are the main IT support staff were very cool.

And ... there was another guy there interviewing for the same position. Granted, we had separate interviews, but we crossed paths a few times.

His name was Ivan.

He was, seriously, at least 6' 6" tall.

And built like a linebacker.

And glared at me once, to my face, and I'm sure, more than that at the back of my head.

I hope they offer Ivan the job, for a few reasons:

1. I really, really don't want to make that drive every day. And those of you who know me know I love to drive, but I need something interesting to look at. The drive is desolate. Like Milwaukee to St. Louis desolate. I'm not dropping any hints here, but looking at that landscape ... I can guarantee there are bodies out there that will never, ever be found. Ever.

B. It's west. I want to go east. Like Cleveland, Akron, Youngstown, Pittsburgh east. Not west. Not 60 miles north of Dayton and 30 miles from Lima.

III. I'm afraid if I take job, Ivan will hunt me down and kill me. Yeah, he's that big. And intimidating. And he's named Ivan. Nobody named Ivan is passive. Ivan the Terrible, anyone?

d. But if they come in with a stupid offer, I might consider it. The job's not starting until October 2 ... so it's not like it's going to be an immediate thing.

And I have a couple of other interesting positions that I'm being considered for, so it's not like that's my only option at this point.

Oh well, time to get out of this suit (yeah, I said suit, clean up a bit and get my ass in the car to go get my daughter for the weekend.

-E


No comments: