2006-04-12

Great Minds Think Alike

"I have a surprise for you. Well, for us," she said into the phone.

"Cool." I replied.

Of course, I was feeling the effects of a Vicodin, so my response may have been a bit muted.

"But I'm not gonna tell you what it is. I'll tell you I have a surprise for you, but that's all," she concluded.

"Okay," I said.

And the conversation went other directions.

"Hey," I then said, giving rise to another topic in the game we call "Subject Whiplash."

"Since we're not going to Baltimore to the Aquarium and DC on our way back from Wilco, if we leave New Jersey by noon we could be in Pittsburgh in time to see Kathleen Edwards on Saturday night," I said.

Her deadpan reply:

"That was my surprise. I bought us tickets already."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That (as well as I can remember it) was my phone conversation with Kara last night.

Great minds *do* think alike.

Scary, eh?

No comments: