2006-01-09

Reading is FUN-DUH-MENTAL

So I'm reading this book about how what may appear to you to be coincidences may actually be affirmations from a higher power that you're doing the right thing, or making the right decisions, or going the right way on something ... really interesting to me because for a long time I just chalked them up as coincidences ... heh heh ...

And there's this great chapter on love that really answers a lot of questions that just didn't make sense to me.

So in the words of Flava Flav ... check 'dis shit out, yo!

"But, but but - you're saying: "Am I supposed to believe that my Prince Charming or Cinderella is in that pile of pieces (of the jigsaw puzzle) called "My Life?"

"Yes.

"Please listen, because this is one of the primary messages of this book.

"Within that jigsaw puzzle called "My Life," there is a perfect love for you! You are destined to have a soul mate relationship.

"Trust me. The perfect relationship for you is there in the grand design of your life. You just need to have the faith and patience to find him or her.

"I know - you're looking around yourself right now, saying, "Wait a minute, relationships are disintegrating all around me. If what you say is true, why am I - and half the people I know - involved in failing relationships?"

"Back to the jigsaw puzzle.

"Did you ever pick up two pieces that seemed like they were a perfect match? You wanted them to be a fit? So then you jammed them together to try to get them to fit? In the end, regardless of how much you wanted them to go together, all you did by forcing them into place ... was to injure each piece.

"Have patience. Have faith. Have tenacity.

"If you're just beginning a relationship, strongly resist the temptation to jam yourself into an imperfect match. The never fit."

Yeah, I'm liking this book ... I'm actually reading two books by the same author at the same time (because I'm nerdy like that)

1. When God Winks

2. When God Winks on Love

both by SQuire Rushnell (who points out that yes, the Q is supposed to be capped) ...

Reading is fun.

No comments: