2007-04-05

Damn, that was close.

So I'm sitting in a hotel room in Monroe, Ohio, waiting to head over to Oxford to see my good friends Aaron Tashjian and Mark Nye rock some faces (along with Rob on drums and John on guitar) when I hear what sounds like a helicopter fly directly over the hotel.

Hmmmm.

I've stayed at my share of airport properties ... and being the aviation nerd I am, I enjoy the smell of jet fuel in the morning, afternoon or night. And the sounds of high-performance jet engines is soothing music to my ears.

But damn, this one, from the sounds of it, either this was a big-ass helicopter, I was a whole lot closer to the airport than I thought, or this thing was RIGHT THE FUCK ON TOP OF ME.

Turns out, the airport's on the other side of the highway.

This was ... right the fuck outside my window.

This was ... a big-ass Med-evac helicopter.

Picking up some poor bastard who violated one of Sir Issac Newton's Laws of Physics:

No too objects can occupy the same space at the same time.

There was a big ass wreck at the intersection the hotel is located on. And this was the *second* bad wreck I saw today - two people on I-70 eastbound, just outside of Springfield tried to occupy the same space at the same time. One SUV landed on its side, one car was pretty banged up and a whole lot of people were sitting in the 4 mile traffic jam waiting to get around them.

I took these pictures from the window of my hotel of the second wreck:


(click to see larger)



(click to see larger)


See, it was a big-ass helicopter.

(click to see larger)

Yeah, damn, that was close.


So kids, remember when driving, no two objects can occupy the same space at the same time.

No comments: