2008-02-12

Some people have no right to live

Back when I started blogging, I was on diaryland. Then, I moved here. I still have the diaryland account ... I use it to post things for me to review, and maybe share with a handful of select - and I mean handful and select - dear friends.

While I was there, I made a couple of great friends, including one from the Gold Coast of Australia. She and I seemed to have similar outlooks on life, and were walking parallel paths, and enjoyed keeping track of each other exploits in life as we approached 40.

As I was catching up on her blog after a crazy week of on call and school, I was crushed to find her 15-year-old son and his best friend were killed by a woman "allegedly" driving under the influence of prescription drugs and driving without a license, having lost it for previous violations.

From reading Becka's blog, her son Nathan was a fighter and loved life.

And fought hard for it, a couple of times. He had juvenile diabetes, nearly died a few months ago from complications related to it, was in a coma for a couple of days, but came back cracking jokes about it ... that's the kind of kid he was.

He'd overcome a whole lot of other medical shit in his life that would have taken weaker minds and spirits.

His organs were donated, his spirit will live on, but his life was needlessly taken by a woman who was blowing kisses to her husband at the initial court hearing investigating why she drove her station wagon into a crowd of kids on a sidewalk.

I hope that bitch rots in hell.

My heart is with you Becka. As a friend, and a parent.

(Becka's blog is locked, or I'd share the link. Hug your kids tonight.)


No comments: