2007-08-24

Catching up

Semi Precious Weapons:

Stunning. As usual. Don't believe me?

JustinJustin "Precious" Tranter


Aaron
Chest Rockwell



Washington DC:
One of those cities I'd like to spend weeks exploring, not a couple of hours. Especially at night, since most of the cool sites are now cordoned off by concrete barriers and police. Maybe the terrorists have already won. I have a couple of good photos of the Washington Monument and the U.S. Capitol taken at night, but that was all I got.


Projekt Revolution:
Linkin Park was quite fun. They had a very rockin' entrance, slowed it down in the middle, then blasted out again at the end. Love the fact they're not afraid to push the envelope still, after eight years, but did realize that their song "Shadow of the Day" is damn near a note-for-note iambic pantameter rippoff of "With or Without You" by U2. Hey, if you're gonna steal, steal from the best.

My Chemical Romance was as I expected it to be. Very good corporate alt rock that's radio friendly save the occasional f-bomb put in places easily masked or edited for radio/tv. They could have headlined if not for Linkin Park. Lots of MCR fans.

Taking Back Sunday surprised me. From what I heard while waiting in line for my $8 pizza. I like their CD's ... their live show was pretty much as you'd want. Not a whole lot of change from the recorded versions, but that live energy and boost.

Now comes the bad. Specifically, HIM. Goths from Finland. Sounds promising ... but oh, well, uh ... here's where I was shocked. I've seen and heard so much about this band. I've seen so many people talk about how great they are. I can't figure it out. I've seen dozens of bands that ripped off Ronnie James Dio much better.

No comments: