2012-03-05

My 2012 Charity Event - St. Baldrick's Day

Hello. I sometimes forget that not everyone has moved on from Blogger to my Facebook or Twitter feed, so I wanted to let you know that there are less than six days left before I get my head shaved to show solidarity with and raise money for kids fighting all sorts of pediatric cancers.

St. Baldrick's Foundation  is a volunteer-driven charity funds more in childhood cancer research grants than any organization except the U.S. government.  Your gift will give hope to infants, children, teens and young adults fighting childhood cancers. So when I ask for your support, I'm really asking you to support these kids. Thank you!

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/ericbroz

As of this posting I've raised $930.  I've promised on Facebook & Twitter that if I get $1,000 I'll keep it shaved completely bald for three months; and add an additional month for every $50 increment over $1,000.

So donate if you can, and if you're local to the Youngstown area, come out and join us on March 10th from 1 to 3 p.m. at O'Donald's Irish Pub & Grille, 6000 Mahoning Avenue, Austintown, OH 44515.

Thanks!

No comments: