1. Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails.
2. There are 206 bones in the adult human body, but 300 in children (some of the bones fuse together as a child grows).
3. The human eye blinks an average of 4,200,000 times a year.
4. The average person has over 1,460 dreams a year.
5. The longest living cells in the body are brain cells which can live an entire lifetime.
6. There are more living organisms on the skin of a single human being than there are human beings on the surface of the earth.
7. Men get hiccups more often than women.
8. Lorne Greene had one of his nipples bitten off by an alligator while he was host of “Lorne Greene’s Animal Kingdom”.
9. Life expectancy for Russian men has actually gone down over the past 40 years. A Russian male born today can expect to live an average 58 years.
10. In 1985, the most popular waist size for men’s pants was 32. In 2003, it’s 36.
11. Seven percent of Americans claim they never bathe at all.
12. In 2004, one in six girls in the United States enter puberty at age 8. A hundred years ago, only one in a hundred entered puberty that early.
13. Newest trend in the Netherlands: Tiny jewels implanted directly into the eye.
14. A British gymnast survived a fall from a fourth story window because he went into a somersault and came down on two feet.
15. Jeffrey and Sheryl McGowen in Houston turned to vitro fertilization. Two eggs were implanted in Sheryl’s womb, and both of them split. Sheryl gave birth to two sets of identical twins at once.
16. In 1991, the average bra size in the United States was 34B. Today it’s 36C.
17. The average North Korean 7-year-old is almost three inches shorter than the average South Korean 7-year-old.
18. Every year, 2700 surgical patients go home from the hospital with metal tools, sponges, and other objects left inside them. In 2000, 57 people died as a result of these mistakes.
19. We forget 80 percent of what we learn everyday.
20. Pain is measured in units of “dols”. The instrument used to measure pain is a “dolorimeter”.
21. The Amish a diet high in meat, dairy, refined sugars and calories. Yet obesity is virtually unknown among them. The difference is since they have no TVs, cars or powered machines, they spend their time in manual labor.
22. As of January 1, 2004, the population of the United States increases by one person every 12 seconds. There is a birth every eight seconds, an immigrant is added every 25 seconds, but a death every 13 seconds.
23. Astronauts cannot burp in space. There is no gravity to separate liquid from gas in their stomachs.
24. The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a substitute for blood plasma.
25. Fidgeting can burn about 350 calories a day.
26. Wearing headphones for an hour increases the bacteria in your ear 700 times.
27. A baby is born without kneecaps. They appear between age 2 and 6.
28. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
29. In a recent survey, Americans revealed that banana was their favorite smell.
30. The arteries and veins surrounding the brain stem called the “circle of Willis” looks like a stick person with a large head.
31. Brushing your teeth regularly has been shown to prevent heart disease.
32. A kiss stimulates 29 muscles and chemicals causing relaxation. Women seem to like it light and frequent, men like it more strenuous.
33. Marilyn Monroe had six toes on one foot.
34. Your nose and ears never stop growing.
35. It takes approximately 12 hours for food to entirely digest.
36. Human teeth are almost as hard as rocks.
37. Every time you lick a stamp, you’re consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
38. As you age, your eye color gets lighter.
39. Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
40. Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day.
41. Your ribs move about 5 million times a year, every time you breathe.
42. One quarter of the bones in your body are in your feet.
43. Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different.
44. Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better.
45. The average person laughs 15 times a day.